Some people refer to this recipe as “Faux” or “Mock” Mashed Potatoes, but I am perfectly happy to call it cauliflower! Don’t be afraid of cruciferous veggies like cauliflower. They are delicious and good for you, with far fewer calories and carbs than a potato. Even the most finicky vegetable eater in the house loves this recipe.
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp. light cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. fresh chopped chives
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Clean the cauliflower and cut into small pieces.
- Add the cauliflower to the boiling water and cook until very tender – 6 to 8 minutes.
- Drain cooked cauliflower in a colander and let it sit for 2 minutes to dry out.
- Place the cauliflower, cream cheese, butter, Parmesan cheese, garlic salt and pepper into a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the fresh chopped chives and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve as a healthy alternative to mashed potatoes.