Are you looking for an easy, healthy lunch idea you can pack up and take to work? Or a simple dinner you can pull out of the fridge when you get home after a busy day? Here is an idea – Easy Asian Noodle Salad. This recipe features my recipe for Baked Tofu PCC Style, but feel free to experiment with other ingredients… this is one of those salads to make when you’ve got a few too many veggies in the fridge, or some left-over rotisserie chicken to use up, or whatever!
- 4 oz. whole-wheat thin spaghetti (2 cups cooked)
- 2 cups Steph’s Baked Tofu*
- 2 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced (or grated) carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (green & white parts)
- Simple Asian dressing (recipe follows)**
- * If you don’t want to make your own baked tofu, substitute store bought or substitute cooked chicken, beef, pork or even prawns.
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. chile flakes
- (Note: Feel free to substitute any bottled Asian dressing you like in this recipe.)
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool completely. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tofu, carrots, bell pepper, cilantro, peanuts, and green onion. Toss with dressing until well combined. This salad will refrigerate well for up to four days.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well to combine.