A cinch to make and low-carb, if that matters to you. This dish is loaded with protein from the eggs, cottage cheese and cheddar cheese. What does it taste like? Imagine eating spanakopita – minus the phyllo crust. Great cold, too!
Spinach Egg Casserole
- 4 4ggs
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 – 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, and squeezed dry
- 1 – 16 oz. container low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup packed shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- Preheat oven t0 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8″ square baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, salt, and pepper together.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake the casserole at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes. The casserole will brown slightly and the center will be set when it is done. (Add 10 minutes if you double this recipe).
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving, or serve at room temperature.