This is such a great recipe I just had to share. Imagine a very moist oatmeal raisin cookie without the flour and the oats. With flax seed and almond butter, these cookies are almost like little energy bars. They mix up really fast – 5 to 10 minutes is all you need. If we are going to treat ourselves to a cookie, these are the ones I want to eat!
Gluten-Free Almond Flax Cookies
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup golden flax seeds
- 1/3 cup craisins or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer, combine almond butter, sugar, honey, and vanilla. Mix on medium until creamy.
- Add egg and mix to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Drop or scoop dough onto parchment lined baking sheets, leaving about 2″ between cookies.
- Gently press cookies to flatten.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the edge start to brown.
- Cool completely on baking sheets, then remove and store in refrigerator or freezer.
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVERBAKE. Cookies should come out of the oven soft.