This Frittata recipe combines some of my favorite ingredients into a surprisingly delicious gluten-free breakfast. The leftovers are tasty cold or reheated, too.
Sweet Potato Asparagus Frittata
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled & cut into 1/2" dice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes until onion softens.
- Add the sweet potatoes and sage
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in the asparagus.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Arrange the veggies in the bottom of a 9″ square (or similar size) baking pan.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Top with grated cheddar and feta.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until egg is set and the top starts to brown.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.