This recipe is one of my favorite ways to use up leftover Thanksgiving turkey. These sliders, spiced with curry and studded with apples and toasted hazelnuts, are the perfect couch-time snack for football watching on Thanksgiving weekend.
Leftover Turkey Sliders
- 1 cup diced turkey
- 2/3 cup diced Honeycrisp apple
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp. sweet yellow onion, minced
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tsp. curry powder (depending on your taste)
- salt and pepper
- 8 slider rolls
- Combine the turkey, apple, hazelnuts, celery, parsley and onion in a medium bowl. Toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cider vinegar and curry powder. Mix well.
- Stir the mayonnaise into the turkey mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on slider rolls with mayonnaise, sliced apples and lettuce if desired.