These moist, chocolatey brownies are flavored with peppermint and topped with a rich ganache frosting. Chocolate and peppermint, the flavors of Christmas. And, did I mention they are bite-sized? Portion control is built right in, which helps when you’ve got a few weeks of indulging on the horizon. This recipe makes 50 miniature treats, perfect for sharing with all of the chocolate lovers on your list. Enjoy!
Peppermint Brownie Bites
FOR THE BROWNIES:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips (6 oz.)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. peppermint extract
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 oz.)
- 1/2 cup peppermint candies, chopped
- Preheat oven to 300°.
MAKE THE BROWNIES:
- Combine the flour, sifted unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Melt the butter and 1 cup chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Whisk together the eggs and granulated sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the vanilla and peppermint extracts.
- Stir melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until smooth.
- Gently fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture with a spatula until no streaks remain.
- Prepare a mini muffin pan by spray with non-stick baker’s spray.
- Spoon 1 heaping Tbsp. of batter into each muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Continue baking batches of brownies until all of the batter is used up.
MAKE THE GANACHE:
- Heat the cream in a sauce pan just to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
DECORATE THE BROWNIES:
- Dip the top of each brownie in the ganache, then sprinkle with peppermint candy. Wait at least 15 minutes before serving so the ganache can set up.