My family has been making this classic pumpkin pie recipe for as long as I can remember. It’s creamy and delicious with plenty of spice. It’s incredibly simple to make and a great project for kids, too. I used to make this recipe with kindergarten students. Each child would take a 4″ pie home on the last day of school before Thanksgiving break.
- 1 1/2 cup canned or cooked pumpkin puree
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 2 Tbsp. molasses
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked pie shell, in a 9" pan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the pumpkin, sugar, salt, spices and molasses. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the eggs and milk and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Cool. Serve with whipped cream if desired.