RECIPE CONTRIBUTED BY MARY JORDAN
This is an easy recipe, yet sure to impress. This cupcake recipe starts with a cake mix, but the cupcakes turn out so moist and dense you (and everyone else) will think they are made from scratch.I adapted this recipe from the “Darn Good Chocolate Cake” recipe found in The Cake Mix Doctor cookbook by Anne Byrn.
Of course, a good frosting is critical, and as everyone loves cream cheese frosting, this is usually my frosting of choice. My suggestion if peanut allergy is not an issue – Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting. Kids and adults will devour these easy-to-make cupcakes!
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1 package (3.9 oz.) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips or any chocolate chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredient except chocolate chips on low for 1 minute, scrape bowl and continue to mix on medium for 2 minutes. Add chocolate chips and mix till blended.
- Use cupcake liners or grease cupcake tin.
- Fill about half full with batter.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
- Makes approximately 24 cupcakes.
- Pipe on desired frosting.