Whip up a batch of Rachael Ray’s No-Egg Caesar Salad Dressing, and toss it with lightly-wilted baby kale topped with crumbled bacon, an egg, freshly grated Parmesan, and lots of black pepper. You may never go back to a romaine caesar again!
Wilted Kale Caesar with Bacon & Egg
- homemade or bottled Caesar Dressing
- 1 bag pre-cut baby kale leaves OR 1 large bunch kale, stems and ribs removed and cut into salad sized pieces
- 4 eggs, hard or soft boiled
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a roiling boil.
- While the water is heating, prepare an ice bath for the kale. Fill a large bowl half way with ice water.
- Add the kale to the boiling water and cook for just 30 seconds. Remove immediately to the ice water bath to refresh.
- Drain the kale and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place the wilted kale in a large bowl and toss lightly with Caesar dressing.
- Distribute evenly between four plates and top with crumbled bacon, egg, and parmesan.
- Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and generously with freshly ground pepper.