A lovely pop of color for your plate, glazed carrots are a festive veggie – especially alongside prime rib or a steak. They look beautiful plated and also hold up well in a chaffing dish – perfect for a holiday buffet. And, this recipe can be made completely in advance, which is a nice bonus. Simply reheat on the stove or in the microwave a few minutes before serving. Easy and elegant – gotta love that!
Ginger Glazed Carrots
- 8 medium carrots (I prefer organic for better taste)
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, finely chopped
- Peel the carrots and slice on the diagonal into rounds, about 1/2″ thick.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 Tbsp. of salt and then the carrots.
- Cook the carrots until they are just tender – approximately 4 minutes.
- Drain carrots in a strainer. Set aside.
- Return the pot to the stove and add the butter, brown sugar and fresh ginger.
- Stir mixture until the butter and sugar have melted and just started to bubble.
- Remove the pot from heat and stir in the carrots to coat well with the glaze.
- Taste and season with additional salt if needed.
- Serve immediately or cool and refrigerate for up to 2 days before reheating.