Tired of making the same old zucchini bread? Here is a moist and tender muffin recipe you might like to try. It’s my version of a Morning Glory muffin, without the raisins and quite a bit more shredded zucchini and carrot. Sometimes I’ll throw in some diced apples or pineapple tidbits, but this time I opted to leave them out. Walnuts, coconut, orange zest and cinnamon plus 2 cups each of zucchini and shredded carrot – I bet there is a whole serving of veggies in each muffin.
Zucchini Carrot Muffins
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup sweetened flake coconuts
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Tbsp. fresh orange zest
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare muffin tins by lining them with papers or spraying well with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shredded zucchini, carrot, coconut, walnuts and orange zest. Toss well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Combine the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture just until the flour is moistened. The batter will be very thick.
- Fold in the zucchini mixture.
- Fill muffin tins about 2/3 full with batter and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes until the muffins are set and spring back to the touch.
- Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.