RECIPE CONTRIBUTED BY MARY JORDAN
Halibut with Basil-Caper Sauce
- 1 lb. halibut filets, skin-on
- 1/4 cup good quality olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp. capers plus 1 tsp. caper juice
- 2 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- Combine the olive oil, diced red pepper, lemon juice, basil, capers, caper juice and fresh garlic in a small bowl. Set aside at room temperature for 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place halibut filets on a baking sheet. Brush filets lightly with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast the halibut in the oven until it is cooked through – 7 to 10 minutes depending on thickness.
- Use a spatula to carefully lift the filets away from their skin. Discard skin and place the halibut pieces on individual plates.
- Top halibut with caper-basil sauce, and garnish with fresh basil.
- Suggested accompaniment – spaghetti tossed with olive oil, garlic, fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese.