The fresh herbs, cornichons, and capers make this tartar sauce much tastier than store-bought, plus it only takes about 10 minutes to make.
Homemade Tartar Sauce
- 1 large shallot, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp. capers
- 1/4 cup chopped cornichons
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp. chopped dill
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a food processor, combine the shallot, capers, and cornichons and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the mayonnaise, parsley, dill, chives, lemon juice, mustard and pepper and process to blend.
- Add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream and process until well combined.
- Refrigerate for up to 3 days.