These wraps are super easy to make and a very satisfying lower calorie meal. Thinly sliced beef, marinated in Korean Bulgogi sauce, is quickly stir-fried then combined with a spicy slaw inside a soft tortilla. I can’t live without carbs, but if you are trying to cut them out, you could easily skip the tortilla and turn this into a tasty salad.
Korean Style Beef Wraps
- 1 lb. very thinly sliced rib-eye steak or short rib meat
- 3/4 cup Korean Bulgoki sauce (or teriyaki sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 3 cups napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 4 large (burrito size) flour tortillas
- Combine the beef with the bulgoki sauce and marinate for 1/2 hour in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, combine the cabbage, carrot, bell pepper and onions in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the vinegar, sugar, sriracha sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil in a wok or large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the meat and cook, stirring frequently, until the meat is cooked to your desired doneness.
- Toss the cabbage mixture with the dressing.
- Distribute the vegetables and meat evenly between four warm flour tortillas. Fold in the ends and roll up burrito style.
- Cut in half and serve with extra bulgoki sauce for dipping.