This delicious tuna sandwich is a take on a lunch menu item I used to make at Dulces Latin Bistro.
- 1 can natural-packed Albacore Tuna
- 2 Tbsp. small dice tomato**
- 2 Tbsp. small dice celery
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Juice of one small lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- mayonnaise to your liking
- Crusty french bread rolls
- ** Discard the seeds and juice from the tomato and only chop the flesh – otherwise, the tuna salad can get too watery.
- Combine the tuna, tomato, celery, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice in a small bowl. Toss gently to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and enough mayonnaise to your liking.
- Cut a french bread roll open, add a lettuce leaf and the tuna salad and enjoy the best tuna sandwich ever!