Why not treat yourself to something wonderful, like these delicious and easy to make Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins? The light sour cream keeps them moist and the whole wheat flour and organic blueberries make them a little healthier than your average muffin. So go ahead… stir up a batch!
|Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins|
- 5 Tbsp. butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup fresh organic blueberries
- (substitute frozen if no fresh are available. do not thaw)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the softened butter and sugar with a hand mixer or a stand mixer. Add egg and sour cream and mix well. Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and mix just enough to combine. The batter will be rather thick – almost like cookie dough. Gently stir in the blueberries.
- Line 10 muffin tins with paper liners or spray with non-stick spray. Divide batter evenly between the 10 tins. Bake muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool completely. (But treat yourself to at least one while they are still warm).