“I could easily drink a gallon of this!” and “Do you have any more of that soup?” Yep-yep! These are the comments I heard last night as we indulged in this simple Valentine’s Day dessert. It’s not too heavy, and it’s obviously a crowd pleaser, so you MUST try it. And, yes, you will have some “soup” left-over…
|White Chocolate Soup with Frozen Berries||
- 3/4 lb. good quality white chocolate, chopped fine
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- seeds from inside one vanilla bean (split it down the middle and scrape the seeds out with a small paring knife)
- 1 lb. frozen mixed berries
- Combine the chocolate, cream, vanilla and vanilla beans in a small saucepan set over a pan of simmering water over medium heat, stirring often, until the chocolate melts.
- About 5 minutes before serving, place the berries into four individual serving bowls. Ladle the hot chocolate over the berries and serve. Store the leftover sauce in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.