Do you have a recipe that you crave frequently? Our go-to, craved-often meal is one we’ve made for about 20 years now. Thai Curry Chicken is one of our favorites. The truth is: it has become a recipe that Toby has perfected, so if I’m not in the mood to make dinner, I suggest Thai Curry Chicken because I know that he’ll make it for me. In addition to being really tasty, it is fairly healthy. Red bell peppers not only taste better than green ones, but they are also a good source of Vitamin C and B6, thiamine and lycopene (which helps protect against cancer and heart disease). Best of all, this is a one-dish meal!
|Thai Curry Chicken|
- ¾ lb. chicken meat, cut into strips
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 lb. green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 ½ tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- ½ tsp. cornstarch
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 Tbsp. peanut oil
- In a small bowl, mix garlic, soy sauce, cilantro, honey, curry powder, sesame oil, cornstarch, crushed red pepper and 1/3 cup water until well blended.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok or large saute pan over high heat, until shimmering. Cook green onions, red pepper and green beans, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender and slightly browned. Remove vegetables from the pan.
- Add chicken and saute until it is browned and cooked through. Drain excess juice.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan. Pour the soy sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables and stir well. Bring to a quick boil, remove from heat and serve immediately on top of steamed jasmine rice.