Aloha! I am writing this from our home-away-from-home in Maui, Hawaii. I’m always on the look-out for light, easy, limited-ingredient recipes to enjoy while we are in the condo here. On the flight over, I found the perfect recipe in Real Simple magazine – “snap peas with cucumber and ginger”. I made one change, though. It needed a lil’ kick of chili garlic sauce to make it the perfect salad and side dish for our soy-ginger flank steak and Kula corn dinner. YUM!
|Sugar Snap Pea Salad|
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp. chili garlic sauce or Siracha sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb. sugar snap peas, trimmed and sliced on the bias
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients (olive oil, lemon juice, ginger, chili garlic sauce, sugar, salt and pepper) in a medium bowl. Add the snap peas, cucumber and shallot and mix well. Chill for at least 30 minutes, or up to two hours. EnJOY!