Here’s another fun (and super-easy) way to enjoy the best of the summer strawberries. Strawberry Ice Cream Shortcake can be made with homemade ice cream. I made mine with Dreyer’s Slow-Churned Ice Cream. It can be made with homemade pound cake, but I bought mine in the bakery section at my grocery store. That’s why I say this yummy, summer dessert is super-easy.
|Strawberry Ice Cream Shortcake|
- 1 pound cake
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream
- 6 sliced strawberries
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- Graham cracker crumbs, for garnish
- Cut the pound cake to fit into the bottom of the six molds.
- Press in about 1 scoop of ice cream.
- Cover and freeze for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Blend together the marshmallow fluff, milk, vanilla and sugar for the topping.
- Un-mold cake/ice cream and top with sliced strawberries, marshmallow topping and graham cracker crumbs.
- Serve immediately.