For me, the best part of a steakhouse dinner is the side dishes. You know how they list them on the menu and say that you can choose two? Well, I’m always SO challenged to pick just two. They all sound delicious, and I always find myself filling up on bread, salad and sides leaving room for only two bites of steak.
My name is Joy and I’m a carb-oholic. 😉
One of my all-time favs is corn. And, if it’s off the cob – even better! Seriously, I could eat the entire recipe of this delicious Steakhouse Corn in one sitting. It’s just the right amount of crunchy and spicy and creamy…mmmmmmm…
If you don’t eat it all in one sitting, it’s SO ah-mazing left-over, too. EnJOY!
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. shallots, minced
- 1 red jalapeno pepper, chopped, seeds and membrane removed
- 3 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 3 tsp. bacon fat
- 3 Tbsp. dry white wine
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp. chives, minced, for garnish
- In a medium saute pan, melt the butter and bacon fat.
- Add the shallots, jalapeno and corn to the pan and saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in the sugar and wine and scrape all of the browned bits from the pan for flavor. Cook down until almost dry.
- Add the cream and stir until thick and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Garnish with minced chives and enJOY!