It’s here! That time of year where we all get back to a schedule. The days get a little more hectic and we find ourselves realizing that planning ahead and getting organized is the key to sanity. Isn’t it funny how all of that seems to go out the window during the lazy days of summer? I’m ready for it! I actually like feeling a little more in control. Organized. Prepared.
So, that’s what we are going to focus on this month. We’ll give you some amazing recipes for quick and easy weeknight dinners, take-to-work/school lunches, and classic lunch box cookies. Oh, and, of course, some surprises and another fun giveaway.
First on my list was quick and easy (and delicious!) Steak Tacos with Pico de Gallo (translation: pick of the garden). I used a quality Top Sirloin steak, so I didn’t want to overpower the flavor of the meat with a heavy marinade. I also wanted this to be something you could put together after work and a marinade would require some extra time. By slicing it thin before searing it in a grill pan, it cooks in just a few minutes. Honestly, I had this terrific meal on the table in 30 minutes (and that includes the tasty Jalapeño Chili Creamed Corn side dish). EnJOY!
|Steak Tacos with Pico de Gallo||
- 1 lb. Top Sirloin steak, sliced 1/4″ thick by 1/2″ long
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced (seeds removed if you don’t like the heat)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice from one lime
- Corn tortillas
- Guacamole, optional
- Blend the tomato, onion, pepper and cilantro in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with lime juice. Set aside.
- Over medium high heat, lightly coat a grill pan, or skillet, with pan coating.
- Once the pan is hot, place the steak pieces in a single layer in the pan.
- Reduce the heat and turn the steak pieces once they are browned to cook on the other side.
- Stir in the Pico de Gallo, spoon into warmed tortilla and serve.