It’s starting to happen! Yummy (local) fruits are making an appearance at the grocery store and farmers’ markets. Of course, you can usually find strawberries and blueberries from far off places like Chile in the dead of winter, but they cost a fortune and the flavor is SO disappointing. My friend, Mo, recently suggested this winning combo for a tasty Spring Fruit Salad and it’s FAB-ulous! Since the berries are still a little lack-luster, I pumped up the flavor with a simple dressing of pineapple juice, honey and mint. This sunny combination makes a beautiful side to your Perfect Omelette.
|Spring Fruit Salad|
- 8 Strawberries, stemmed and cut in half
- 12 Pineapple chunks
- Handful Blueberries
- 1 Orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1/8 cup pineapple juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 5 mint leaves, rolled up and sliced thin
- Place equal amounts of each fruit into four small bowls.
- Whisk together the pineapple juice and honey.
- Just before serving, stir the mint into the dressing and pour a small amount of dressing over each salad.