Remember that old saying about a man and his stomach? Well, I think this is the recipe it was referring to. This salad is a man-catcher! Every time I make this salad, the guys gobble it up and ask for seconds (and the recipe). The girls like it, too, but I’m just sayin’, it’s a man-catcher. I change it up based on what fruit is fresh at the time. This go-round I chose to use the fabulously cute and easy-to-peel satsumas. But, it also works really well with navel oranges, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and on and on. Bottom-line: your guy will LOVE it! so make enough for him to have seconds.
- INGREDIENTS FOR SALAD:
- 2 packages fresh baby spinach, stems removed
- 3 satsumas, peeled
- 2 cups sliced almonds, toasted
- INGREDIENTS FOR DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced onion
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Wash and tear the spinach into bite-sized pieces. Add orange segments. Combine dressing ingredients; mix well and add to salad just before serving. Top with toasted almonds.