Sometimes the simplest foods taste the best. Take roasted cauliflower for example. Olive oil, salt, pepper, and a splash of lemon juice are all that is needed to turn a humble head of cauliflower into something extraordinary.
Normally I wouldn’t post a recipe that is this simple, but since it’s also in the Hollyhock Garden to Table cookbook, I figured, why not? (We’re giving away a copy of the cookbook next week, so stay tuned!).
- 1 head organic cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Generous amount of fresh ground pepper and sea salt
- juice from ½ small lemon
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the olive oil, lemon juice and cauliflower until the florets are well coated.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Spread cauliflower in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast, stirring a few times, until the cauliflower is roasted and slightly charred on the edges, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.