Shallot Dijon Vinaigrette
Recipe Type: Dressing
This is the Salad Verte dressing from Le Pichet.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from 3 oranges)
- 1 small shallot, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup roasted whole hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup soy or canola oil
- In a small saucepan, bring orange juice to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until the juice has reduced to about 1/2 cup, then cool.
- Just before serving, combine the cooled juice, shallot, 1/3 cup whole hazelnuts, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper (to taste) in a blender and add oil in a slow, steady stream as mixture blends. You want the consistency of heavy cream. Be careful not to over mix as the texture will break if it gets too warm.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if needed.