I forgot to mention pumpkin carving in my last post: Spooky Halloween Treats. No, I didn’t. I was listing the things I like about Halloween, and pumpkin carving is not one of them. I enjoy getting the viral messages with cool pictures of professionally carved pumpkins like these.
And, just like this guy, I do LOVE the (roasted) seeds! So, if you’re craving some yummy pumpkin seeds, I’ve got the perfect recipe for you.
Looking for Halloween treat recipes? You might like these:
- 1 or 2 cups of seeds from one medium-sized pumpkin, most of the goop cleaned off
- 3 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking pan with foil.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Once boiling, add the salt to the water and bring it back to a boil.
- Once boiling, again, add the pumpkin seeds and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain the seeds well.
- Blend the spices in a small bowl.
- Toss the seeds in the olive oil and spread evenly on the foil-lined pan.
- Sprinkle evenly with the spice mixture.
- Stirring once or twice, roast the seeds for about 25 minutes, until they are toasty brown and fragrant.