The dressing came out of a bottle. Feel free to use what you’ve got on hand.
I used the following ingredients for a big entree size salad, but this could easily serve two people as a starter course.
Simple Winter Salad
Author: A Passionate Plate
Recipe type: Salad
- ½ Honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
- ½ small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 small stalks celery, thinly sliced
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- Handful of red grapes, cut in half
- Chopped parsley & fennel fronds
- Butter lettuce, washed
- Girard's Light Champagne dressing (or any light vinaigrette style dressing)
- Combine the apple, fennel, celery, onion, grapes, and parsley and fennel fronds in a bowl and toss with dressing.
- Place butter lettuce on a plate and mound with apple salad mixture.
- Add fresh ground pepper and salt to taste.
- Pour yourself a glass of good white wine and enjoy.