Adapted from Betty Crocker’s Cooky Book, this recipe is as delicious as it is simple. With just three ingredients, Scotch Shortbread is kid friendly and easy to roll out. And, these cookies ship well, so they are the perfect treats to box up and send to your far away friends.
Nice job, Annika!
Adapted from the Betty Crocker’s Cooky Book, 1976
|Betty Crocker’s Scotch Shortbread||
- 3/4 cup salted butter, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Combine butter and sugar in an electric mixer and combine thoroughly. Work in the flour with a wooden spoon (or your hands) until all the flour is incorporated. Pat the dough into a loaf shape, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Dust a clean surface lightly with flour, then roll out the refrigerated dough 1/3″ to 1/2″ thick. Use small, simple shaped cookie cutters to cut out cookies, and place them on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes. The tops will not turn brown. Makes about 2 dozen 1 1/2″ x 1″ cookies.