Aloha from Maui!
It’s my last day here on Maui. I think I’ll celebrate (?) with a Piña Colada Party at sunset. The truly beautiful thing about Hawaii is that people ALWAYS take time out to enjoy the sunset. It’s common to see large groups of people, locals and tourists alike, gathering on the beach to watch the sun go down (most have a cocktail in hand). It serves as a reminder to me that I should slow down….not be in such a rush to get dinner on the table…enjoy the sunsets (when the crazy, Seattle weather allows me to)…and appreciate the beauty surrounding me.
I’ve had the lyrics from this song in my head since I arrived. “Yes, I like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain…I’m not much into health food, I am into champagne“. So, tonight, it’s piña coladas and the sunset. When I get home, I’ll probably make more piña coladas and watch the sunset pictures on our AppleTV 😉 Aloha!
- Equal parts:
- Light rum
- Dark rum
- Pineapple juice
- Coco Lopez (coconut cream)
- Crushed ice, to taste
- Pour the rum, pineapple juice and Coco Lopez into the blender.
- Blend well.
- Add enough crushed ice and blend until it's a milkshake-like consistency.
- Garnish with pineapple and maraschino cherry.
- A straw and an umbrella make it extra-fancy - enJOY!