Recipe Type: Cocktails
You’ll need to plan ahead for this recipe. The “flavor melding” time really does make a difference.
- 4 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup lime juice from 2 to 3 medium limes
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice from 2 to 3 medium lemons
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- Pinch table salt
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 1 cup 100 percent agave tequila, preferably reposado
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- Combine lime zest and juice, lemon zest and juice, sugar, and salt in
- large liquid measuring cup; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until
- flavors meld, 4 to 24 hours.
- Divide 1 cup crushed ice between 4 or 6 margarita or double oldfashioned
- glasses. Strain juice mixture into 1-quart pitcher or cocktail
- shaker. Add tequila, Triple Sec, and remaining crushed ice; stir or
- shake until thoroughly combined and chilled, 20 to 60 seconds. Strain
- into ice-filled glasses; serve immediately.