Yesterday I got started by mixing up a batch of bite-sized peppermint brownies. These moist, chocolatey brownies are flavored with peppermint and topped with a rich ganache frosting. Chocolate and peppermint, the flavors of Christmas. And, did I mention they are bite-sized? Portion control is built right in, which helps when you’ve got a few more weeks of indulging on the horizon.
If you like this recipe, you might also try:
|Peppermint Brownie Bites||
- FOR THE BROWNIES:
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips (6 oz.)
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. peppermint extract
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 oz.)
- ½ cup peppermint candies, chopped
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- MAKE THE BROWNIES:
- Combine the flour, sifted unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Melt the butter and 1 cup chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Whisk together the eggs and granulated sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the vanilla and peppermint extracts.
- Stir melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until smooth.
- Gently fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture with a spatula until no streaks remain.
- Prepare a mini muffin pan by spray with non-stick baker’s spray.
- Spoon 1 heaping Tbsp. of batter into each muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Continue baking batches of brownies until all of the batter is used up.
- MAKE THE GANACHE:
- Heat the cream in a sauce pan just to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- DECORATE THE BROWNIES:
- Dip the top of each brownie in the ganache, then sprinkle with peppermint candy. Wait at least 15 minutes before serving so the ganache can set up.