If you love peanut butter and honey here is a variation for you! It’s a fun twist on the original Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookie recipe. I’ve substituted honey for the brown sugar and added some peanut butter chips for a little extra sweetness.
Whenever I want to get perfectly round cookies that are uniform in size, I always use a scoop. If you don’t have a cookie scoop, I would definitely recommend investing in one. I have several sizes of Norpro scoops. For smaller cookies, I recommend this one: Norpro Stainless Steel Scoop, 1 Tablespoon.
|Peanut Butter Honey Cookies||
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus 2 Tbsp.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- Combine the butter, peanut butter, 1/2 cup sugar, honey and egg in the bowl of a stand mixer and blend until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Combine the flour mixture with the peanut butter mixture and blend just until combined. Do not over mix, then stir in the peanut butter chips. Refrigerate the dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll dough into 1-1/2″ inch balls.
- Place balls 3″ apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten each ball with the palm of your hand or a flat bottomed glass.
- Create a criss-cross pattern with the tines of a fork, then sprinkle each cookie with the remaining 2 Tbsp. of sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove to a rack to cool completely.
- These cookies will store well at room temperature for up to a week in an airtight container.