Parmesan Thyme Crackers
Keep this dough in your freezer for a quick and special treat when a friend stops by for a glass of wine!
Author: A Passionate Plate
Recipe type: Appetizer
- ¼ pound (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the butter in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a mixing attachment and mix until creamy. Add the Parmesan, flour, salt, thyme and pepper and combine.
- On a lightly floured board, roll into a 13-inch long log and press all sides flat.
- Wrap the log in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the log crosswise into ⅛-inch thick slices. Place the slices on a parchment-lined sheet pan and bake for 22-25 minutes, until lightly browned and crispy on the edges.