May is Guest Chef Month at A Passionate Plate!
Today’s post and recipe are from my friend, Rob. He rides a motorcycle, changes the oil and washes my MINI Cooper, advises me on the hoppy-ist IPAs and makes a MEAN batch of pancakes! Rob is also a frequent Recipe Tester here in my kitchen.
Post and recipe by Rob Thompson
Who doesn’t love pancakes? Well, if you don’t…maybe you will after trying this recipe. This is one that I got partially from someone else and I’ve adjusted it to my taste. Fortunately, it seems to be most other people’s taste, as well.
I like to start with Bisquick or Jiffy general purpose baking mix. In a mixing bowl combine the baking mix and three quarters of the milk. The remaining milk will be added at the end to “thin” the batter to your liking. Add the yogurt and cottage cheese and mix. Now add the fresh lemon juice. Plain yogurt gives the cakes a nice tang, flavored yogurt could be substituted. Cook and enJOY!
- 2 cups of baking mix
- 1¾ cups milk
- ¼ cup yogurt
- ¼ cup cottage cheese
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Blend all ingredients until well-combined. Do not over mix.
- On a lightly oiled hot griddle or large skillet, pour the batter into equally sized pancakes.
- Once the bubbles pop, it's time to flip them.
- Cook until lightly browned.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup. Yum!