Every home in Vietnam has their own recipe for Nuoc Cham. Ours is adapted from the James McNair Cooks Southeast Asian cookbook. Use this sauce for drizzling on fresh rolls and spring rolls and seasoning other Vietnamese dishes.
|Nuoc Cham – Vietnamese Dipping Sauce||
Recipe Type: Sauce
This recipe is adapted from a favorite cookbook – James McNair Cooks Southeast Asian.
- 1/4 cup chile garlic sauce
- 1/2 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. finely shredded carrot
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped, unsalted peanuts, optional
- Combine the chile-garlic sauce, fish sauce, sugar, vinegar, lime juice and water in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar. Taste and adjust with more fish sauce, sugar, or lime as needed.
- Serve at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate for up to one month.
- Stir in the carrot and peanuts (if using) just before serving.