I’ve been on a banana kick lately. I just can’t get enough of them. Does that ever happen to you? I. Crave. Bananas! Banana bread. Vana-rama Smoothie. Banana and Greek Yogurt. So, when I discovered Nothing But Banana, Flattened at Trader Joe’s last week I just knew I’d have fun creating something yummy with it.
One of my favorite combos ever is banana and peanut butter, so I knew peanuts would factor into this recipe. Oh, you’re going to LOVE these delicious on-the-go snacks. The peanut butter provides protein for staying power, and the agave syrup is metabolized more evenly than sugar so you don’t get that crazy sugar-high (followed by that miserable sugar-crash!).
No Bake Banana-Peanut Butter Granola Bars are so easy and fun to make. Try making them with the kids! They’ll be so proud to say they helped.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup peanuts, chopped
- 3 slices banana "leather", torn into small pieces
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Stir oats and coconut together and spread on a baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, until fragrant.
- Line a 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment or foil and spray with pan coating.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the oats, coconut, peanuts and banana pieces.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat stir together the butter, peanut butter, agave syrup or honey, and brown sugar. Bring to a gentle boil and stir well.
- Pour the sauce over the dry mixture and stir well to coat everything.
- Press the mixture into the baking dish and sprinkle with peanut butter chips. Press the chips into the mixture and chill for at least two hours.
- Cut the granola into 8 bars. Wrap in parchment or plastic. Refrigerate and enJOY!