Aren’t these Mini Lasagna Cups adorable? If you don’t think so, then this recipe just isn’t for you… but for the rest of us, here is a fast and super easy way to make individual lasagnas that are fun to eat and guaranteed kid friendly.
There are so many things to love about Mini Lasagna Cups. For starters, instead of lasagna noodles, this recipe calls for wonton wrappers – the kind you find in the produce section next to the tofu – and the wrappers do not need to be cooked in advance. Second, each mini lasagna is baked in a muffin tin – which means they are easy to serve and you’ve got built in portion control, which I appreciate.
The assembly is so simple and these cute little lasagnas bake in just 15 minutes. No fuss and no wait! I am already thinking of other mini cups… Moroccan, Greek, Mexican.
And did I mention kids really love them?
Here is the basic recipe. Feel free to make these the way you like – with fresh herbs, mushrooms, spinach and your choice of meat.
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 2 cups marinara sauce (homemade or jarred)
- 1 lb. ground Italian sausage (turkey, chicken or pork) cooked, and drained
- 1 - 15 oz container low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 - q/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. dry basil
- ½ tsp dry oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta, 1 cup of mozzarella, basil and oregano.
- Lay a wonton wrapper in the bottom of each muffin tin, pressing down and into the sides of the tin.
- Place 1 Tbsp. of the ricotta in each cup. Top with 1 Tbsp. of sausage and 1 Tbsp. of marinara sauce.
- Press another wonton skin down into the cup and then repeat the layers - 1 Tbsp. ricotta mixture, 1 Tbsp. sausage and 1 Tbsp. marinara sauce.
- Finish off each lasagna cup with a sprinkle remaining mozzarella and the parmesan cheese.
- Bake the lasagna cups for 15 minutes until the filling is bubbly, the cheese is melted, and the wonton wrappers are slightly browned.