This is a step up from the typical cantaloupe wrapped with prosciutto appetizer. We added a little ball of Point Reyes Original Blue cheese in the center, along with fresh basil leaves. Using a melon baller for the cantaloupe and blue cheese made the presentation beautiful!
If you have trouble finding 6″ skewers at your grocery store, you can order the kind we used here: 6″ Skewers with A Twisted End.
- 1 ripe cantaloupe
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 4 oz. package Point Reyes Blue, or other soft blue cheese
- 6 pieces thinly sliced prosciutto
- Wash the cantaloupe, cut it in half, and scoop out the seeds.
- Use a melon baller to scoop out 24 cantaloupe balls.
- Wash the melon baller and lightly spray it with non-stick spray. Scoop 12 balls of blue cheese. (you may need to use your hands to press the balls together if the cheese is very crumbly).
- Cut the prosciutto slices in half or thirds, depending on their size.
- Assemble the skewers by threading on a piece of melon, followed by a basil leaf, a cheese ball, a piece of prosciutto, another basil leaf and a melon ball.