Our girls’ ski weekend would not be complete without a big pan of chocolatey something. This year Lisa made one of our favorites, Magic Cookie Bars. Who doesn’t love a rich, buttery bar cookie loaded with coconut, chocolate chips and butterscotch?
One of the nice things about this recipe is that it gets made in a 9″ x 13″ pan – no mixing bowl required… perfect for assembling in an ill-equiped rental cabin.
Another great thing about these bars is that you will never be stuck dragging the leftovers back home after a long weekend. I promise. 🙂
- 9 graham crackers, crushed into small crumbs
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 can Eagle sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1⅓ cups chocolate chips
- ⅔ cups butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the butter in a 9" x 13" glass pan and melt it in the oven.
- When the butter is melted, mix in the graham cracker crumbs and press down to make a crust.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the crust.
- Sprinkle on the coconut, then the nuts, followed by the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes or until the edges turn brown.
- Cool completely then cut into squares.