I’m making sales calls today (about 40 of them) and I needed a break. Yes, I could have gone outside in the beautiful sunshine for a brisk walk, or pulled some weeds in the garden, but instead I thought I would be productive and take a picture for A Passionate Plate.
You know I only ate this sundae because I hate to waste food.
The picture really doesn’t even come close to illustrating how yummy this. And it’s so simple! Mix lemon curd with limoncello and then layer with softened vanilla ice-cream. Serve with whipped cream, and maybe a lemon lavender cookie or two.
It’s a grown-up, lemony creamsicle in a dish!
- For each sundae use the following -
- 3 Tbsp. lemon curd
- 1 Tbsp. limoncello
- ¾ cup vanilla ice cream
- whip cream (optional)
- Combine the lemon curd with the limoncello, mixing well.
- Let the ice cream soften at room temperature for about 5 to 10 minutes until it is very easy to scoop.
- Place half the ice-cream in the bottom of each glass. Top with limoncello mixture, and then the remaining ice cream.
- Swirl gently to combine.
- Top with whip cream and a garnish of lemon rind if desired.
- Serve immediately.