It’s time to dye Easter eggs! Here is a recipe for making absolutely perfect hard boiled eggs – for dying, or peeling and eating, or making into the best egg salad ever.
|How to make perfect hard boiled eggs||
Recipe Type: How To
Follow these tips for perfect hard boiled eggs every time!
- Eggs (for best results, eggs should be at least five days old)
- Large pot with lid
- Kitchen timer, clock, or watch
- Place eggs in a pot and cover them completely with cold water.
- Place the pot on the stove, uncovered, and bring to a boil.
- When the water comes to a rolling boil, continue cooking, uncovered, for exactly 1 minute.
- After 1 minute, immediately cover pot with a tight fitting lid and remove the pot from heat.
- Set a timer for 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes, drain the eggs and immediately submerge them in ice water. Leave them in the ice water until they are completely cool.
- Crack the egg shell at each end by tapping on a hard surface. Be sure to crush the air bubble at the large end of the egg. Then gently tap the egg until the entire shell is finely cracked. Then gently peel away the entire shell.