This recipe was passed around my neighborhood some years ago and it is a favorite of mine this time of year. The cake is super easy to make, with only 4 ingredients, so even your 7 year old could make it! Mix together a spice cake mix, a can of pumpkin, 4 eggs and 1/4 cup canola oil. Bake for 30 minutes and you’ve got a very moist cake, with a texture somewhere between a sheet cake and a pumpkin pie. Then just finish it with a luscious cream cheese frosting. It’s SO easy!
Many of my friends now make this instead of pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving dinner. Enjoy!
- 1 box of Spice Cake Mix
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 large can (29oz) pumpkin
- Frost with the cream cheese frosting of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9" x 13" pan by greasing or spraying with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, egg, and pumpkin. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. A knife should come out clean.