Guinness Marinated Flank Steak
Author: A Passionate Plate
Recipe type: Main Dish, Meat
- 2 lb. flank steak, trimmed of excess fat
- 14.5 oz. bottle of Guinness beer
- 1 large red onion, peeled and sliced into ½ inch rounds
- salt and pepper
- Place the flank on a cutting board and lightly make diagonal cuts about ⅛ inch deep, in two directions, to form a diamond pattern (this helps to tenderize the steak).
- Put the onion slices on top of the steak in a gallon-sized zip top bag and then carefully pour the beer into the bag. Seal the bag tightly and put it into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- Heat a gas or charcoal grill on medium-high. Remove the steak and onions from the bag and season generously with salt and pepper. Grill the steak and onions for about 6 to 8 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Let the steak rest on a cutting board for about 5 minutes before slicing (this will allow the steak to re-absorb the juices). Slice diagonally, across the grain, into ¼ inch slices and serve immediately.