Joy and I are sharing some of our favorite quick-and-easy dinner ideas this month. Grilled Chicken with Peaches, Walnuts & Feta recipe is definitely one of my favorite easy weeknight dinners – especially when ripe, local peaches are available. Like Joy’s Steak Tacos with Pico de Gallo, this recipe can be prepared in under 30 minutes. It’s a great flavor combination, plus its healthy, low-fat, and looks pretty on the plate.
The sauce is a simple “sweet and sour” made from peach preserves and seasoned rice wine vinegar. The feta, toasted walnuts and a generous amount of basil keep the taste light and fresh.
Grilled Chicken with Peaches, Walnuts & Feta is a beautiful dinner for a busy week night. You can serve it hot or cold. And, if you are really short on time, you could even substitute a rotisserie chicken, skin removed. And, when you can’t find ripe fresh peaches, just go ahead and use frozen ones. The recipe will still taste delicious.
Inspired by Sunset Magazine (August 2009).
|Grilled Chicken with Peaches, Feta & Walnuts|
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium peach, peeled and sliced
- 3 Tbsp. peach preserves
- 3 Tbsp. seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- salt and pepper
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook on a prepared grill or in a grill pan until the breasts are cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the peach preserves with the rice wine vinegar and a small sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring well to dissolve any chunks of preserves. Gently stir in the sliced peaches and keep the sauce warm until you are ready to serve.
- To serve, slice the chicken breasts diagonally and arrange on two plates.
- Top each with half of the peaches and sauce, feta, walnuts and fresh basil.