Do you have friends or co-workers with those challenging dietary restrictions… like gluten free, dairy free, raw foods only, vegan? Ever wonder what to take to a work party or social event that everyone can eat? Well, here it is… Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Spinach Dip. This vegan, raw food dip will appeal to even your most picky friends, but everyone else will love it, too.
Jeanne found this recipe on the Raw Fusion Kitchen website. I am so glad she shared it with us on our ski weekend! We could not stop eating this dip and nobody really seemed to care that it was dairy free, gluten free and raw. In fact, we found that a great way to eat it was to scoop it out of the bowl with Fritos (But, BTW… Fritos are gluten free, too. Just thought I would mention that).
This is a large recipe you can make ahead and freeze in smaller portions so you will always have something to pull out and serve when your gluten free, dairy free, raw foods only, vegan friends drop by unexpectedly. And, if you are looking for something healthy to share at a Superbowl Party (Go 49ers!), I would definitely recommend this dip.
|Gluten Free, Dairy Free Spinach Dip||
- 10 oz. fresh, organic spinach leaves
- 1 half medium red onion
- 1.5 cups organic, unpasteurized almonds (soaked and dehydrated)
- 0.5 cups organic, really raw cashews (soaked and dehydrated)
- 0.25 cups of organic, cold-pressed olive oil
- 1.5 cups water
- ⅓ cup of fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Nutritional Flakes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. ground flax seed
- Chop spinach and red onion and place in mixing bowl.
- Put remaining ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Combine blender contents in bowl and mix.
- Chill for 1-2 hours to increase the dip’s thickness.