Ginger Glazed Carrots are an elegant, yet easy to make vegetable that Toby and Marvin LOVE (most kids do, too… could it be the sugar?).
For times when you are looking to add a pop of color to your plate, nothing beats glazed carrots – especially if you are serving beef. They look beautiful plated and also hold up well in a chaffing dish – perfect for a holiday buffet. And, this recipe can be made completely in advance, which is a nice bonus. Simply reheat on the stove or in the microwave a few minutes before serving. Easy and elegant – gotta love that!
|Ginger Glazed Carrots|| |
- 8 medium carrots (I prefer organic for better taste)
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, finely chopped
- Peel the carrots and slice on the diagonal into rounds, about ½" thick.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 Tbsp. of salt and then the carrots.
- Cook the carrots until they are just tender - approximately 4 minutes.
- Drain carrots in a strainer. Set aside.
- Return the pot to the stove and add the butter, brown sugar and fresh ginger.
- Stir mixture until the butter and sugar have melted and just started to bubble.
- Remove the pot from heat and stir in the carrots to coat well with the glaze.
- Taste and season with additional salt if needed.
- Serve immediately or cool and refrigerate for up to 2 days before reheating.