My niece, Emily, posted these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins on Facebook last week. The caption under the photo read, “Since I was not busy this afternoon, I made some chocolate chip banana muffins!! I tried one and they are super delicious!!”
I thought it was so awesome that my 13 year old niece decided to bake when she had a little free time instead of watching TV or YouTube. I asked if I could share her recipe with you on A Passionate Plate. She agreed and wrote the following about her recipe.
Chocolate and Bananas are two of my favorite foods, so I just love this recipe. Even though there are chocolate chips in it, you can still taste the banana and the muffins are so moist that I keep day dreaming about them during school. Also, you can use apple sauce instead of butter to make them a little more healthy which is good for people who are trying to eat right!
My niece dreams about banana chocolate chip muffins during school… she must get that from me. 🙂
Here is the recipe. Enjoy!
- 3 large, very ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup melted butter or unsweetened applesauce
- i cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Add sugar and egg and mix well to combine.
- Stir in the melted butter (or applesauce).
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Stir dry ingredients into the banana mixture, just until combined.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop into muffin cups and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.