Eggnog is a favorite holiday indulgence for me, especially when served with a little Captain Morgan Private Stock rum.
Eggnog and rum are the key ingredients in this very easy muffin recipe, along with golden raisins and freshly grated nutmeg. Top them with a little eggnog glaze and serve them Christmas morning or leave a few on a plate for Santa.
- 2 cups flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup light eggnog
- ½ cup rum (we recommend Captain Morgan Private Stock)
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 5 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ tsp. grated nutmeg (or ½ tsp. ground nutmeg)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. (approximately) light eggnog
- ⅛ tsp. grated nutmeg (or ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the raisins and rum in a small bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Stir in the beaten egg, eggnog, rum, raisins, melted butter and nutmeg.
- Scoop batter into 12 paper lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until muffins are light brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- While the muffins are cooling, stir together the powdered sugar and just enough eggnog to make a thick glaze. Stir in ⅛ tsp. nutmeg.
- Spread the glaze over each muffin and serve.